FREE Buyer’s Agent!
Buyer’s agents work for you for FREE!! In New Orleans, buyer’s agents are paid by the seller. That means they work for buyers at no cost to the buyer.
Purchasing real estate in New Orleans is a complex and major transaction with many details to be handled. In the majority of cases an agent will represent the seller. That’s why you as a buyer should have your own buyer’s representative!
A buyer’s representative is responsible for protecting the buyer’s best interests. Research by theNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® has shown that when a buyer’s representative is used, the prospective buyer found a home one week faster and examined three more properties than consumers who did not use a buyer’s representative.
A buyer’s representative will:
· Evaluate the specific needs and wants of the buyer and locate properties that fit those specifications.
· Assist the buyer in determining the amount that they can afford (pre-qualify), and show properties in that price range and locale.
· Assist in viewing properties — accompany the buyer on the showings, or preview the properties on behalf of the buyer to insure that the identified specifications are met.
· Research the selected properties to identify any problems or issues to help the buyer make an informed decision prior to making an offer to purchase the property.
· Advise the buyer on structuring an appropriate offer to purchase the selected property.
· Present the offer to the seller’s agent and the seller on the buyer’s behalf.
· Negotiate on behalf of the buyer to help obtain the identified property — keeping the buyer’s best interests in mind.
· Assist in securing appropriate financing for the selected property.
· Most importantly, fully-represent the buyer throughout their real estate transaction.
Darryl Glade ~ RE/MAX 100% Club ~ New Orleans Homes
This information was based on downloads available to RE/MAX agents on remax.net.